Some people ask if they can go in the river which is a terrible idea.
You should not swim these rivers. People die every year, swimming the Missouri river. It’s a big river and it’s a shipping channel, directed by the wing dams/dikes to speed up the river even more. It may not look like much, but the river is moving fairly quickly and people get pulled in and under.
You’re better off at a local Lake or a dog park which has a pond.
KC has many beautiful parks, here is a short list that come to mind. Shawnee Mission Park has a dog park and the Lake of good size. Blue River and the little Blue River are small rivers and be a lot safer. They had the problem of pollution in the past. I recommend the lakes and parks with Lakes. We have a lot of. You want an awesome experience to take your dog on a canoe trip in the middle of the Missouri River. If you want any level of peace and a dream stay in the Park. There are dozens of beautiful rivers and on summer weekends are the floating bar.
- Elkhound Ranch Dog Park 9205 N Brooklyn Ave Kansas City, MO
- Happy Tails Off-Leash Dog Park 1251 SE Ranson Rd. Lee’s Summit, MO
- Blue Springs Dog Park 20th St. just north of Jefferson St. Blue Springs, MO
- Shawnee Mission Dog Park 7900 Renner Road Shawnee, KS
- Heritage Dog Park 159th and Pflumm Road Olathe, KS
- Thomas S. Stoll Dog Park 12500 W 119th Street Overland Park, KS